OU Libraries
OU Libraries

Search by title, author...

Oakland in 1964

Sept. 20-30, 2014, Kresge Library, Room 242

Class of 1964, come and remember life at Oakland in the early 1960s! Photos, documents and objects are on display in the library. You will be able to browse the Oakland Observer and much more!

 

map of campus

 

In 1964, MSU-O celebrated the graduation of its second class. The university was growing rapidly. Total enrollment in 1963-1964 reached 1688 and there were 89 faculty members, working and living on the new campus and its 10 buildings. The fourth dormitory, Hill House, was completed as well as the Kettering Magnetics Laboratory. In Summer, the first Meadow Brook Music Festival was held.

 

 

cover of Oakland Observer, July 14,  1961

Growth article, Oakland Observer

 


blue book burning

 

 

View all OU Archives exhibits

All photos courtesy of Oakland University Archives.
Last updated 09/18/2014
For questions, contact Dominique Daniel (daniel[at]oakland.edu)

Created by Name / Updated on September 18, 2014 by Name

OU Libraries | 100 Library Drive, Rochester, Michigan 48309-4479 | (248) 370-2471
Accessibility | Sitemap | Hours | Location | Comments | Webmaster


Hours | Location

OU Libraries on Facebook OU Libraries on Twitter OU Libraries on Instagram OU Libraries News