Poetry Slam Rules
1. Bring two ORIGINAL poems--one for each round of competition.
2. No warm-up! Come ready to compete!
3. Three minute time limit (plus a ten second grace period) to read one poem, with a one- half point deduction per each ten seconds over.
4. No props, costumes, musical instruments.
5. Scoring is on a 10 point scale; high and low scores will be dropped, giving poets a total score of between 0 and 30 points.
6. All poets must sign themselves in by 7:00 pm--sharp!
7. No selling or distributing of poetry chapbooks or other printed materials.