OU Libraries
OU Libraries

Search by title, author...

Buildings @ Oakland University


Elliott Hall

Built: 2000 | Type: instruction and research


Quick Facts

    • Ground-Breaking Ceremony:  April 20, 1999
    • Building Dedication/Structure Completion:  September 22, 2000
    • Cost: $17.5 million
    • Architect: Albert Kahn and Associates
    • Construction: Barton Malow
    • Funding: The State of Michigan paid 75 percent of construction cost and OU was responsible for the remaining 25 percent.  A $2 million donation was provided by OU benefactors R. Hugh and Nancy Elliot.
    • Specifications: 74,582 sq. ft.
    • Namesake: R. Hugh and Nancy Elliott.  Serving on numerous volunteer and charitable organizational boards and committees, Hugh Elliott and his wife Nancy have been instrumental in the creation and administration of university-wide improvement initiatives, such as the creation of scholarships for student athletes and business majors; the President's Invitational fundraiser for university athletics; and monetary donations to be used towards the creation of campus buildings and institutions.

History

Built between 1999 and 2000, R. Hugh and Nancy Elliott Hall is the home of Oakland University's School of Business Administration and the Information Technology Institute.  In accordance with the emphasis placed upon modern business and technology, Elliott Hall features contemporary classroom and administrative spaces, student support centers, and electronic resources.  Included in these specifications are an Academic Technology Center, Technical Service Center, television production suite, four student computer labs, recreational lounges, and technology engineering and repair centers.  It continues to be an invaluable source of growth and innovation for students pursuing coursework in the fields of business and technology.


Printer-friendly version

Photos courtesy of the Oakland University Archives.

 

 


Created by Mariela Hristova / Updated on September 26, 2017 by Mariela Hristova

OU Libraries | 100 Library Drive, Rochester, Michigan 48309-4479 | (248) 370-2471
Accessibility | Sitemap | Hours | Location | Comments | Webmaster


Hours | Location

OU Libraries on Facebook OU Libraries on Twitter OU Libraries on Instagram OU Libraries News