Research Services contributes to the mission of the university libraries:
Oakland University’s Libraries support the educational, research, and public service mission of the University by providing user-centered teaching, services, resources, and learning environments for the entire OU community. The University Libraries are committed to fostering academic excellence and knowledge creation, and promoting information literacy within the campus community and beyond.
Users are able to receive assistance in a variety of ways:
- Stop by the Research Help Desk at Kresge Library, 2nd floor to receive face-to-face assistance. Research support is offered during daytime and early evening hours at the Research Help Desk. Have a question in the early hours of the morning? Contact the reference librarian at the Access Services Desk from 11:30pm-7am.
- Call us at 248.370.4426 anytime the Research Help Desk is staffed.
- Chat with us via Instant Message at kresgeref on Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or AIM.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These questions are usually answered within two hours.
- Request a Research Consultation to receive a 30 minute session with a librarian who will help you develop a research strategy, identify keywords, evaluate information, or guide you to useful resources on your topic.
Research Help Hours
Mon: 9am - 9pm
Tue: 9am - 9pm
Wed: 9am - 9pm
Thu: 9am - 9pm
Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat: 11am - 5pm
Sun: 1pm - 9pm
We also offer research help from midnight to 7am when the library is open 24/7.
/ Updated on
November 25, 2013