Meeting Room Reservations and Use
Library meeting rooms may be reserved by current OU students, faculty, and staff for purposes directly related to OU’s and the Library’s educational and business needs, and Library-approved events. Requests for room reservations are accepted by phone (248-370-4425), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person at the Access Services Desk from members of the University community.
The following rooms may be reserved:
- Room 224: 12-15 people (tables with chairs)
- Room 328: 14-18 people (tables with chairs)
- Room 429: 6 people (table with chairs)
Library staff is not responsible for arrangement of furniture; arrangement of and for audio-visual equipment; or ordering and/or removal of refreshments unless the meetings are directly related to Library-approved meetings and events. Light refreshments are permitted in reserved rooms; all food, drink, associated containers and debris must be removed at the end of the meeting.
Policies governing meeting room reservation and use
- Rooms must be used for purposes directly related to OU’s or the Library’s educational or business needs, or Library-approved events.
- Reservations are “first come, first served”; an e-mail confirmation will be sent to the party reserving the room.
- Meeting room requests will not be accepted for recurring events. Reservations must be made at least twenty-four hours in advance and not more than one week in advance of a meeting or event.
- Please pick up the room key at the Circulation Desk prior to your meeting. When leaving, turn out the lights and make sure the door is closed and locked.
- Moderate amounts of food and drink are permitted in these rooms. Light refreshments may be ordered through Chartwell's Food Services (ext. 3490). All arrangements for refreshments and for removing food and trash from the room are the responsibility of the party reserving the room.
- Meeting room furniture may be rearranged but must be returned to its original state at the end of the meeting.
- The party reserving the room must order any AV equipment needed from Technology Support Client Services (TSCS) in 116 Varner (ext. 2461) prior to the scheduled meeting time.
- Generally, groups should have a minimum of six people in order to reserve a room. Smaller groups may use other library rooms if available.
- Room 242 (Matilda Room) may be reserved only by full-time University employees for official Library or University business. Check with Access Services staff for additional guidelines related to the use of this room.
/ Updated on
April 15, 2014