Buildings @ Oakland University

 

Foundation Halls: North and South

North Foundation Hall, 1960 North Foundation Hall

South Foundation Hall, 1963South Foundation Hall

Quick Facts

History

Deliberately unembellished buildings, North and South Foundation Halls have remained relatively spartan throughout the years, in accordance with the philosophies of Oakland University's founders.  From the university's inception, emphasis has been placed upon the institution's function rather than form, making academics and growth the main focus of both Foundation Halls. Since 1959, South Foundation Hall has remained predominantly classroom-based in output. Conversely, North Foundation Hall has over the years become home to a variety of university offices designed to assist and guide its students and faculty.

North Foundation Hall, 1967 North Foundation Hall (side entrance)

Back entrance to South Foundation Hall South Foundation Hall (back entrance)


Photos courtesy of the Oakland University Archives.