OU Libraries Timeline: 1950s


1959: Temporary library

First library at North Foundation Hall Temporary library quarters were set up at North Foundation Hall.  Books were available with 'complete freedom' (no restrictions on number that could be borrowed, no due dates, no fines, and, initially, 24 hour library access). Material was shelved alphabetically to make it available before it was catalogued. 

Photos courtesy of the Oakland University Archives.