Reflection Room Policies
The Library’s reflection room (room 426) is dedicated for use by Oakland University students, faculty and staff to carry out quiet meditation, reflection or prayer. The following rules govern the use of this resource:
- The reflection room is available all hours the Library is open on a first-come, first-served basis. Keys for the room are available at the Library’s circulation desk.
- The reflection room is provided for individuals wishing to engage in quiet reflection, and is not intended to be used as a study space or sleeping area. Individuals using it for these purposes will be asked to move to another library space.
- Silent prayer/reflection is preferred.
- No organized services or scheduled reoccurring events are permitted.
- Please respect the rights of others who may wish to use the room at the same time.
- Electronic devices must be silenced.
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- Any items brought into the room to aid reflection/prayer must be removed by the person who brought them.
- Room furnishings placed in the room by the Library must remain in the room.
Users who do not comply with this policy will be asked to leave the room by Library administrators, faculty or staff, and/or university authorities.
/ Updated on
September 24, 2013